Preventative Pet Care
Helpful Information from Our Elkins Park Veterinarians
The team at Elkins Park Veterinary Hospital wants your pet to live a long and happy life. In order to ensure this is the case, there are many things you can do for your pet’s preventative care, and it’s important that you do them all. Preventative care will greatly increase the length of their life, catch diseases early, and prevent future illnesses or decrease the severity of them, costing you less in the long run.
Veterinary bills can be expensive. Maintaining proper care of your pet and bringing them in for the recommended visits can lead to lower overall vet bills, as we can detect and treat many diseases and illnesses before drastic measures must be taken.
You can help in preventing future unnecessary veterinary visits by:
- Scheduling annual or bi-annual wellness visits
- Keeping up-to-date with immunizations
- Administering the suggested (and prescribed) medications
- Applying flea and tick preventative products year-round
- Administering heartworm preventative every month, year-round
- Feeding your pet a healthy and nutritious diet
- Brushing your pet’s teeth and fur daily or every other day
- Taking your pet on walks and making sure they get enough exercise
- Regularly having your pet groomed (how often depends on the individual animal)
Elkins Park Veterinary Hospital is happy to offer a variety of other resources to help you with taking care of your pet, from nutrition information to pet health insurance. We highly recommend routine wellness exams for pets of all ages, as this is the best preventative measure you can take to make sure any problems your pet is experiencing are caught early on.
State of the Art Facility
Our newly renovated facility provides the absolute best experience for you and your pet.
Experienced and Dedicated Staff
The knowledgable staff at Elkins Park Veterinary Hospital provides the highest quality care for your pet.
Decades of Service
For over 25 years, our experienced veterinarians have been devoted to keeping your pet healthy and happy.
“Dr. Katz is a gem - she combines care, calm and cure!”- Amy W.
“We enjoyed our experience with him. Would definitely recommend him.”- Harvey S.
“I recently took my sun conure there to see the exotic veterinary doctor. He took his time explaining everything to my husband and I while being extremely caring to our pet.”- Tiffany C.